Okay, so I like zucchini. Shoot me. This recipe is inspired by the way I see people wrap everything in an all to popular animal product that’s super high in fat and sodium. You’ll need a manual potato peeler and some hardy vegetables. Talk to you produce person, go for your bigger veggies. Grab some firm tofu. If tofu isn’t your thing, you can place this with sweet potato. There are a lot of pictures in this one.
4 large zucchini cut into ribbons, set aside neatly
2 sweet potatoes cut into ribbons, set aside neatly
1 package of extra firm tofu cut, drained into rectangular cubes
3 baby eggplant
your favorite spices
1 bag of stir fry
1 lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Place 3-4 Zucchini ribbons, next to each other, they should over lap a little. Add a squeeze of lemon juice to your ribbons.
- Then place your rectangular cubed tofu on the top of the zucchini, add your sweet potato ribbon, tofu, favorite seasoning salt and pepper.
- Keep everything packed really well. Slowly roll your zucchini. Keep everything packed tight. It’s very similar to rolling sushi. For more help, click here.
- Repeat. It’s not going to be perfect, mind weREN’T. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and add your seasonings. Place in the oven for 15-20 MINS. Don’t touch your rolls!
- The last 5 mins your rolls are cooking follow the directions on your stir fry. Take the rolls out of the oven, place them on top of the stir fry (throw in your extra tofu) and enjoy. Add some quinoa for extra plant based protein.
Get the bag of stir fry from the produce section. Nix the added high sodium seasoning. Make your own seasoning with sesame oil, lemon, white rice wine, minced ginger, and garlic. Add chill oil for extra flair!